Thursday 8 September 2011

Retro Comic Annuals: Shiver and Shake (1976)

Festive Fun with Frankie Stein and Shiver the spook.

One of the many traditions kids had in the UK when growing up was always getting a number of comic annuals for Christmas. I was a voracious reader of all things comic funnies so I got a whole bunch of them to tide me over the festive period. Back in the 60's and 70's there was a huge selection to choose from and sadly those days are long gone with the slow decline in the industry over the years. Like most kids, I loved them, read them till I knew the stories backwards, traded them, and as middle age sets in, are mooching around old bookstalls, charity shops and car boot sales trying to find the annuals we wished we hadn't traded in the first place. Nitwit that I was. So thought it'd be fun to do a series of posts all about some of my favourite ones. First up is Shiver and Shake from 1976 with its fantastic cover. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment